Natural History Museum of Utah, nhmu.utah.edu
See Utah dinosaurs, learn about native peoples, and enjoy eight other permanent exhibits. Open every day of the week (including Sunday).
- October 24 and November 14, this fall’s Science Cafe, a Wednesday evening program, includes a collaboration with the Salt Lake City Library where NHMU pairs poets with scientists. Read more.
- October 3, October 10, and November 7, Wednesday evening paint mixer and and craft workshops. Paint Mount Timpanogos, make a trilobite, or make cuff jewelry.
- Ongoing: $5 after 5 pm on Wednesdays.
Red Butte Garden, redbuttegarden.org
Fall is an ideal time to visit the Garden!
- September 28 and 29, Fall Bulb and Native Plant Sale.
- Summer concert series wraps up. Read more here.
Tower at Rice Eccles Stadium, stadium.utah.edu/about/tower
Football season is underway. Don’t forget, the Tower is a perfect place to host your next event with stunning views of Salt Lake City.
Tracy Aviary, tracyaviary.org
Fall is an amazing time to visit the Aviary.
The region’s destination museum for global visual arts.
University Guest House and Conference Center www.universityguesthouse.com
Located in Historic Fort Douglas on the University of Utah campus, with 180 sleeping rooms and approximately 30,000 sq. ft. of unique meeting space.
- Ask for the “campus visitors rate” for your overnight visit to the Foothill Cultural District
- Now offering Millcreek Coffee, a local and family owned business
- Guest House expansion is underway! This won’t impact your stay.
Utah’s Hogle Zoo, hoglezoo.org
The worst heat of summer is behind us, making this an ideal time to visit the animals at the Zoo.
- Ten nights in October, BooLights. Check the Zoo website for dates and details.
- See the new Red Pandas!
- Meet the new leopard cub.
- Baby zebra can be seen from 10 to noon daily.
- Visit the Zoo event calendar for details on all upcoming events.
This is the Place Heritage Park, www.thisistheplace.org
Immerse yourself in Utah’s heritage at this gem of the Foothill Cultural District.
Fort Douglas Military Museum, fortdouglas.org
The museum is open Tuesday to Saturday, noon to 5 p.m.
- October 26, Founders Day. 12-5pm.
- October 27, Fort Douglas Cemetery Tour 2018, 1-4 p.m.