Utah’s Hogle Zoo, hoglezoo.org
Home to animals from around the world, visit the Zoo this spring.
- Zoo Brew 2019 kicks off on May 15. Second Zoo Brew is June 5. More details here.
- See the Red Pandas!
- Visit the Zoo event calendar for details on all upcoming events.
Fort Douglas Military Museum, fortdouglas.org
The museum is open Tuesday to Saturday, noon to 5 p.m.
- May 16, The Civil War Army in Salt Lake City, 5-7 pm, downtown. Details here.
- June 15, Fort Douglas Day, 9 am to 3 pm. A free day of events for the whole family! Activities include a climbing wall, displays of military vehicles and equipment, a vintage fashion competition, cannon fire demonstrations, and more! More details here.
Tracy Aviary, tracyaviary.org
Tracy Aviary is the oldest bird zoo in the nation. With over 100 species of birds, and 10 acres of gardens to stroll through, you’ll find a true oasis in the city.
- June 19, Andy N Condors 21+ birthday party. Launch of Andy Ale 6-9pm
- June 19, Senior days with $1 admission for those 65 or better. 9-5pm
Red Butte Garden, redbuttegarden.org
Visit the Garden this spring for the promise of over half-a-million blooming bulbs!
- Tickets are on sale for summer concerts!
- Through May, Bulbs and Blooms. Crews worked well into November to plant more than 52,000+ bulbs, bringing the total number of bulbs planted in Red Butte Garden to over 519,000. This means that millions of blooms will be on display in our 21 acres of themed gardens.
Natural History Museum of Utah, nhmu.utah.edu
See Utah dinosaurs, learn about native peoples, and enjoy eight other permanent exhibits. Open every day of the week (including Sunday).
- Closes Memorial Day: Maya, a special exhibition, is now open. Immerse yourself in the world of the ancient Maya, who had one of the most advanced civilizations in the ancient world. Open through May 27, 2019.
- Ongoing, $5 after 5 pm on Wednesdays.
Tower at Rice Eccles Stadium, stadium.utah.edu/about/tower
The Tower is a perfect place to host your next event with stunning views of Salt Lake City.
The region’s destination museum for global visual arts.
- Ongoing, The Race to Promontory: The Transcontinental Railroad and the American West. Open through May 26, 2019.
- Ongoing, salt 14: Yang Yongliang, open through June 2. Yang Yongliang presents the ancient tradition of Chinese landscape painting (shanshui) through a twenty-first-century, photographic lens. Similar to painters of the near and far past, Yang creates landscapes to reflect his view of the world, yet his photographic interpretations offer a critique of a dire reality.
University Guest House and Conference Center www.universityguesthouse.com
Located in Historic Fort Douglas on the University of Utah campus, with 180 sleeping rooms and approximately 30,000 sq. ft. of unique meeting space.
- Ask for the “campus visitors rate” for your overnight visit to the Foothill Cultural District
- Now offering Millcreek Coffee, a local and family owned business
- Guest House expansion is underway! This won’t impact your stay.
This is the Place Heritage Park, www.thisistheplace.org
Immerse yourself in Utah’s heritage at this gem of the Foothill Cultural District.
- June 14-15, Mountain Man Camp
- June 18, Huntsman Day (free admission)
- Do you need a getaway that’s close to home? Summer Season is underway, running through October 26. Take a holiday right in your own back yard! There’s no place like This Is The Place for summertime adventure.