This is the Place Heritage Park, www.thisistheplace.org
Immerse yourself in Utah’s heritage at this gem of the Foothill Cultural District.
- October 12, 17, 18, 19, 26–Little Haunts. It’s not scary at the Park during the day, so put on your costumes and come to the Village for a fun-filled event! More details.
Utah’s Hogle Zoo, hoglezoo.org
Home to animals from around the world, visit the Zoo this spring.
- Boo Lights, every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday through Oct. 26.
- October 26, Boo at the Zoo.
- See the Red Pandas!
- Visit the Zoo event calendar for details on all upcoming events.
Fort Douglas Military Museum, fortdouglas.org
The museum is open Tuesday to Saturday, noon to 5 p.m.
- October 26, Saturday Founder’s Day
- October 26, Saturday Fort Douglas Cemetery Tour
- See all details on upcoming events here.
Tracy Aviary, tracyaviary.org
Tracy Aviary is the oldest bird zoo in the nation. With over 100 species of birds, and 10 acres of gardens to stroll through, you’ll find a true oasis in the city.
- October 26 and 27, Halloween Hoot. There will be activities, crafts, feathered friends and MORE. Costumes are not required, but children up to age 12 can get in FREE if they come dressed up (extra points if you come dressed up like a bird).
Red Butte Garden, redbuttegarden.org
Visit the Garden this spring for the promise of over half-a-million blooming bulbs!
Natural History Museum of Utah, nhmu.utah.edu
See Utah dinosaurs, learn about native peoples, and enjoy eight other permanent exhibits. Open every day of the week (including Sunday).
- October 19, Nature All Around Us, a new special exhibition opens. Open through Memorial Day 2020. October 19 is opening day featuring many local partners who are part of the exhibit.
- Ongoing, $5 after 5 pm on Wednesdays.
Tower at Rice Eccles Stadium, stadium.utah.edu/about/tower
The Tower is a perfect place to host your next event with stunning views of Salt Lake City.
The region’s destination museum for global visual arts.
- Power Couples: The Pendant Format in Art. Details here.
- DE | MARCATION, A Survey of Contemporary Photography in Utah. Details here.
- Opens October 25, Three iconic landscape paintings by Georgia O’Keeffe, Thomas Moran, and Alma Thomas are on special loan from the Smithsonian American Art Museum.
- November 2, Dia de los Muertos Celebration.
University Guest House and Conference Center www.universityguesthouse.com
Located in Historic Fort Douglas on the University of Utah campus, with 180 sleeping rooms and approximately 30,000 sq. ft. of unique meeting space.
- October 29 (Tuesday), 1 to 5 p.m., Open House celebrating 20 years in business and the new wing!
- Ask for the “campus visitors rate” for your overnight visit to the Foothill Cultural District
- Now offering Millcreek Coffee, a local and family owned business