This is the Place Heritage Park, www.thisistheplace.org
Immerse yourself in Utah’s heritage at this gem of the Foothill Cultural District.
- December 4-7, Christkindlmarkt SLC. Inspired by the world famous German Christmas markets, Christkindlmarkt SLC offers a unique holiday shopping and cultural experience this season.
- Dec. 10-23, Candlelight Christmas, At Candlelight Christmas, you’ll feel like you’ve taken a step back in time when you join us for this enchanting event.
Utah’s Hogle Zoo, hoglezoo.org
Home to animals from around the world. Visit the Zoo all year.
- Feast With the Beast, Nov. 29, 10 a.m. to noon. A Thanksgiving tradition!
- ZooLights, Dec. 6 to Jan. 5 (closed Christmas day).
- Visit the Zoo event calendar for details on all upcoming events.
Fort Douglas Military Museum, fortdouglas.org
The museum is open Tuesday to Saturday, noon to 5 p.m.
- November 17, Volkstrauertag | German Day of Remembrance, 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- See all details on upcoming events here.
Tracy Aviary, tracyaviary.org
Tracy Aviary is the oldest bird zoo in the nation. With over 100 species of birds, and 10 acres of gardens to stroll through, you’ll find a true oasis in the city.
Red Butte Garden, redbuttegarden.org
Visit the Garden this spring for the promise of over half-a-million blooming bulbs!
- Dec. 7 and 8, Holiday Open House and Art Fair
- Dec. 21, Audubon Society Christmas Bird Count
- Dec. 21, Winter Solstice Celebration
Natural History Museum of Utah, nhmu.utah.edu
See Utah dinosaurs, learn about native peoples, and enjoy eight other permanent exhibits. Open every day of the week (including Sunday).
- Now open: Nature All Around Us, a new special exhibition opens. Open through Memorial Day 2020. October 19 is opening day featuring many local partners who are part of the exhibit.
- November 15-16, Behind the Scenes. See the Museum’s collections at this once per year weekend event, this year the different collections have themes with a connection to the Museum’s 50th anniversary.
- Ongoing, $5 after 5 pm on Wednesdays.
Tower at Rice Eccles Stadium, stadium.utah.edu/about/tower
The Tower is a perfect place to host your next event with stunning views of Salt Lake City.
The region’s destination museum for global visual arts.
- Now open, Three iconic landscape paintings by Georgia O’Keeffe, Thomas Moran, and Alma Thomas are on special loan from the Smithsonian American Art Museum.
- Dec. 7 and 8, Holiday Market, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Local artists, free parking, free gift wrapping.
- Open till Dec. 8, Power Couples: The Pendant Format in Art. Details here.
- Open till Dec. 15, DE | MARCATION, A Survey of Contemporary Photography in Utah. Details here.
University Guest House and Conference Center www.universityguesthouse.com
Located in Historic Fort Douglas on the University of Utah campus, in the heart of the Foothill Cultural District. The Guest House has 180 hotel rooms, 30 new suites, and approximately 30,000 sq. ft. of unique meeting space. The Guest House provides a complimentary hot breakfast, free Wi-Fi, and free parking. Ranked #1 on Trip Advisor for 6 years, ask for the “campus visitors rate” for your overnight stay when visiting the Foothill Cultural District.