This is the Place Heritage Park, www.thisistheplace.org
Immerse yourself in Utah’s heritage at this gem of the Foothill Cultural District.
- October 12, 17, 18, 19, 26–Little Haunts. It’s not scary at the Park during the day, so put on your costumes and come to the Village for a fun-filled event! More details.
Utah’s Hogle Zoo, hoglezoo.org
Home to animals from around the world, visit the Zoo this spring.
- Zoo Brew is happening. More details here.
- See the Red Pandas!
- Visit the Zoo event calendar for details on all upcoming events.
Fort Douglas Military Museum, fortdouglas.org
The museum is open Tuesday to Saturday, noon to 5 p.m.
- September 11, 9/11 Memorial Ceremony
Tracy Aviary, tracyaviary.org
Tracy Aviary is the oldest bird zoo in the nation. With over 100 species of birds, and 10 acres of gardens to stroll through, you’ll find a true oasis in the city.
Red Butte Garden, redbuttegarden.org
Visit the Garden this spring for the promise of over half-a-million blooming bulbs!
- Tickets are on sale for summer concerts!\
Natural History Museum of Utah, nhmu.utah.edu
See Utah dinosaurs, learn about native peoples, and enjoy eight other permanent exhibits. Open every day of the week (including Sunday).
- Yellowstone: Invisible Boundaries, a special exhibition, open through Sept. 15.
- Ongoing, $5 after 5 pm on Wednesdays.
- August 14, Bluegrass and Barbecue, Wednesday evening.
Tower at Rice Eccles Stadium, stadium.utah.edu/about/tower
The Tower is a perfect place to host your next event with stunning views of Salt Lake City.
The region’s destination museum for global visual arts.
- Power Couples: The Pendant Format in Art. Details here.
- DE | MARCATION, A Survey of Contemporary Photography in Utah. Details here.
University Guest House and Conference Center www.universityguesthouse.com
Located in Historic Fort Douglas on the University of Utah campus, with 180 sleeping rooms and approximately 30,000 sq. ft. of unique meeting space.
- Ask for the “campus visitors rate” for your overnight visit to the Foothill Cultural District
- Now offering Millcreek Coffee, a local and family owned business
- Guest House expansion is underway! This won’t impact your stay.